RxPhoto has recently added a new background removal tool with the release of RxPhoto 4.4.3. Background removal allows providers to capture photos anywhere and still have beautiful , uncluttered backgrounds. There are two ways to use background removal in the RxPhoto Mobile App on your device: from the preview immediately after capturing the image, or from the Client Photos Section of the Client Record after saving the image.
Note: Using background removal from the capture preview will yield cleaner results, which is only available on devices that have more than 1 camera lens and support Portrait Mode. See "Best Practices to Remove Image Backgrounds
" for details.
Step 1: Select Depth Mode
In order to use the background removal tool from the preview screen for best results, select Depth Mode before capturing the client image:
Step 2: Remove Background From Preview Screen
2. Capture photo when the yellow box around the face appears. The yellow box indicates that the face has been detected.
3. Press the "Edit" icon on the preview.
4. Press the "Background Removal" icon.
5. Press "Done" on the top right.
Note: If using a sequence, press the "Background Removal" icon before moving to the next angle in the sequence.
Remove Background After Saving an Image
Backgrounds may also be removed from the client's photos already saved to the Client Photos Section of the Client Record. Removing the background after saving using different technology than when removing the background from the preview screen. For best results, use the background removal option from the preview screen. See previous section, "Remove Background from Preview Screen
" for details.
1. Navigate to the Client Photos Section of the Client Record.
2. Press the "..." on the top right of the thumbnail of the desired image, then press "Edit."
3.. Press the "Background Removal" icon, then press "Done."
4. The image will be saved as a new image. The original remains under the original date the photo was captured.
Default Background Removal
RxPhoto allows providers to automatically use background removal on their sequences. To set background removal as default:
1. Access RxPhoto Settings by pressing the gear icon on the top left corner of the Client List.
2. Toggle "Default Background Removal" to the on position.
3. Press the "Depth" button on the first photo captured in a Sequence to remove background on all photos captured in that Sequence.
RxPhoto's new background removal tools allows providers to take photo anywhere and still have a beautiful neutral background. Any iPhone that supports Portrait Mode supports RxPhoto's background removal tool. There are two ways to remove backgrounds in the RxPhoto Mobile App on the iPhone:
- From the Preview Screen immediately after capturing the photo.
- From the Client Photos Section of the Client Record.
For both methods, it is best to capture the photo using "Depth" mode. For best results, use the background removal tool from the Preview Screen immediately after capturing the photo. See "Best Practices to Remove Image Backgrounds
" for details.
New! RxPhoto Updated Image Editing
As of December 22nd, 2021, RxPhoto has released new editing tools. Drawing and annotating, image enhancement, background removal, cropping, rotating and more is now available directly from the RxPhoto Mobile App on the Device (iPhone/iPad). Even ...
New! Best Practices to Remove Image Backgrounds
There are two ways to remove the background of a subject in the RxPhoto Mobile App on the device (iPhone/iPad). From the image preview immediately after capturing the image using Depth Mode (available on devices that support Portrait Mode.) See "New! ...
New! Updated Photo Editing Tools and Photo Enhancement
RxPhoto added two new editing tools to the Photo Editing Toolbar, which can be accessed from the RxPhoto Mobile App on the Device (iPhone/iPad). Anonymity Tool - black out the eyes or other defining features Pencil vs. Paint - while drawing, choose ...
New! Image Enhancement
RxPhoto allows providers to auto adjust images, sharpen, smooth, or remove the background of an image directly from the RxPhoto Mobile App on the Device (iPhone/iPad). Come back soon for a detailed video tutorial!
What's New in RxPhoto
Learn how to use all the new tools added in 2020! Please note, RxPhoto's Telehealth Solution, RxPortal is not covered in this webinar. See "Go Contactless with RxPortal" for details.